Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Two magazine covers



Today I had some fun...

Making two magazine covers...



The first one for the Leading to Reading Program to show off the work of a child at the Birkdale Women's Shelter done last August. The very talented leaders, Elton and Vicky, in the Summer Leading to Reading Program used altered board books to have the children write stories in and decorate using collage techniques. The children really enjoyed this and it was a great way to have them understand how to put a storyline together and develop their narrative skills.

The second one for my little dog Penny who just came home to me from having five puppies -- three girls and two boys. I had fun using the "What to Expect... When you are expecting" books as my inspiration. AND, I apologize in advance if I offended anyone by using the "B" word but that is what female dogs are called. Especially in the dog breeding world!
Oh, and that is Bridget, one of Penny's little girls, having some fun on the deck in the first picture. Seven weeks new and full of terrier spunk!







No comments: